Teaching Responsibilities: General Music K-6. Classes meet once a week.
Special features of the curriculum:
* Exploring the power of music to deepen concentration and listening skills
* Recorder program in all third grades
* Sequenced learning between the grades in all elements of music
* Development of aesthetic awareness
* Emphasis on cross-curricular aspects of the arts
* The arts as essential internal and external experience
My philosophy of arts education:
A quality general music program is a vital component in whole child education.
The more we can learn about the variety of the arts, the more we will understand ourselves, others and the world in which we live.
List of FusionPages